Monday, May 14, 2012

Enter ....the new paradigm.....


....in case you didn't know - a paradigm is a framework of rules and assumptions that define or describe accepted ways of doing things

Sometimes jumping from one framework to another is not as easy as it sounds. 

The current here is fairly swift, I have to admit, and it has its purpose and destination. Even though I am afraid I have to acknowledge that the current is useful. It takes us past beauty I might enjoy if  this trip was less critical. Now, here is the boat. It is a small one and narrow, missing oars. Well perhaps there is a short paddle under the seat.  Sense tells me that to get in will help me travel, move to where I need to be, have faith in the current and the natural flow of things. To fail to get in would mean lack of impulse and motivation to move and would signify a stifling sameness, and loss of eager face.  BUT,  the dangerous step would be to put only one foot in as the boat passes. One foot in and one foot out spells danger, almost a fence sitting and a dishonesty of purpose. One must either step in or stay behind or fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment